Herreshoff Prudence

Post your comments and thoughts about any and all classic sailboats here.
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Herreshoff Prudence

Post by Rachel »

I debated whether to post this Prudence that's on E-bay; I mean, I realize that others can shop e-Bay for themselves, and this isn't even a "plastic classic." (Poor thing is a traditionally-built wooden boat sitting in the desert in Phoenix, AZ.)

But I just couldn't help myself -- mainly so that (in light of the past few days conversations about project burnout) I could post THIS EXCERPT! from the auction listing:
Don't worry about the transporting costs...restoring her will be so much fun it really won't matter what it costs!
See? It's so much fun the costs don't really matter! (And if you think I've got a lot of exclamation points here, just wait till you see the listing!!)

Link to auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 76031&rd=1

--- Rachel
Jason K
Boat Obsession Medal Finalist
Boat Name: Rambunctious
Boat Type: J/30

Post by Jason K »

So that's what it's like to read an infomercial.

WOW!! That looks like so much fun, I just can't stand it!! I'll have to beat myself repeatedly in the head just to keep from bidding!! Darn! Darn! Darn! Oh, I just can't "help" myself! Oops, look at the time, I'm late for my lobotomy! WOW!!!!!!
- Jason King (formerly #218)
J/30 Rambunctious
http://www.rambunctiousracing.com
Figment
Damned Because It's All Connected
Boat Name: Triton
Boat Type: Grand Banks 42

Post by Figment »

I couldn't bring myself to actually read the text. Among the other selling points, did they mention that the the cabin sides come pre-masked and ready to paint??

What a nightmare. A wooden boat that's been sitting in triple digit dry heat and hasn't seen saltwater in a coon's age. Sign me up, so I can send it down thousands of miles of road on a cradle that has four small pressurepoints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Post by Rachel »

I couldn't bring myself to actually read the text.
Oh but you must! This is one of those rare cases where a few words are worth a thousand pictures!!

(Although #218 pretty well captured the spirit of the thing in his reply ;-)

--- R.
windrose
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal

Post by windrose »

Rachel, you were waiting for some kind of sign. I have a trailer for this one for you to use. HEHE! Here is your sign.
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Post by Rachel »

you were waiting for some kind of sign. I have a trailer for this one for you to use. HEHE! Here is your sign.
Oh sure. But what would this be a sign OF? The word "insanity" comes to mind. Of course, the ad does mention how *rare* these older wooden boats needing work are. Perhaps I'd better jump on it... ;-)

--- R.