Woo Hoo I got a plastic boat!

Post your comments and thoughts about any and all classic sailboats here.
keelbolts
Skilled Systems Installer

Woo Hoo I got a plastic boat!

Post by keelbolts »

I feel like I can really be part of the club now. I picked up a '73 Westerly Pageant today. Next to Favona, I'm afraid she's a pretty ugly duckling, but with her 2'10" bilge keeled draft I can see a whole bunch of the Chesapeake I've never seen before. I'll post a picture when she looks more presentable. She's taking on a bit of water somewhere. Hopefully I'll find the problem tomorrow. Who woulda thunk it. A leaky plastic boat. You expect it with wood, but plastic? The itchy adventure begins...
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Post by Rachel »

I thought you sounded just a wee bit enamored of the Westerly in your "three free boats" post. Congrats!

Nice, shallow draft for the Chesapeake, and if you do run aground you can sit in level comfort and sip your beverage while you wait for the tide.

Make way for the photos! ;-)

Rachel
keelbolts
Skilled Systems Installer

Post by keelbolts »

Yeah, the more I thought about it the more I decided to snag it myself. Now I have the dubious honor of owning, simultaneously, the prettiest boat in the marina and the homeliest boat in the marina.
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Post by Tim »

Congratulations! Westerlys have their own certain appeal and charm, though as you say no one would probably ever call them beautiful.

No fair only posting pretty pictures. We here all live on a diet of pictures of horror shows and seemingly impossible projects, so I hope you'll post a few appetizer shots for us. Before and after, don't you know.
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating