Fiberglass suppliers

Talk about favorite or hated suppliers, recommend good materials or sources, or anything of the same ilk. This is also a good place to suggest unique ideas and innovations you may have come up with.
Ryan
Skilled Systems Installer

Fiberglass suppliers

Post by Ryan »

Has anyone had any dealings with either fiberglasssupply.com or mertons.com for fiberglass supplies? They seem to have pretty good prices, and I wondered if anyone here has had any experience with them. Thanks!
Curmudgeon
Deck Grunge Scrubber

Post by Curmudgeon »

I purchased a large order from them about a month ago - some Divinycell, two rolls of fabric, biaxial tape, and System 3 epoxy. I can't comment on their delivery service because I stopped by and picked everything up (I was 'in the neighbourhood'; read 'within 200 miles'). They assured me that shipping is no problem - even to Canada, where I live. One impression I did get was that their materials may vary from order to order. That is, the 17oz biaxial cloth you get today could be a different brand (and quality?) than what you get next week. Their pricing seems decent, and even though their background is surfboards they've migrated over to the boating industry as well.