Locker-Lid Toolbox

Talk about favorite or hated suppliers, recommend good materials or sources, or anything of the same ilk. This is also a good place to suggest unique ideas and innovations you may have come up with.
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Locker-Lid Toolbox

Post by Tim »

Again, this is not an original idea--but another interesting thought from Cruising World. It's a basic, clear-fronted box that you attach to the underside of a cockpit locker lid (or wherever) that holds your most-used tools conveniently at hand. It's annoying to have to dig through lockers just to get a screwdriver, knife, or crecent wrench for a small job, so this makes a lot of sense to me.

Tim
dasein668
Boateg
Boat Name: Dasein
Boat Type: Pearson Triton 668

Post by dasein668 »

I agree that this serves a real need. Another solution, along the same lines might be to make a canvas tool holder, with pockets for your most used tools, that rolls up into a neat little package. (I think Don Casey might describe something like this?) then, a PVC tube or a small wooden box to hold the roll. The benefit here is that you can pull out the whole roll, having access to all your most used tools, without having them loose in the boat, waiting to drop into the bilge, or over the side. When finished, roll em up and stow them in that convenient under-locker-lid tube....