Batteries Plus

Talk about favorite or hated suppliers, recommend good materials or sources, or anything of the same ilk. This is also a good place to suggest unique ideas and innovations you may have come up with.
Mark.Wilme
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal

Batteries Plus

Post by Mark.Wilme »

I have to RECOMMEND these folks, they treated me well.

http://www.batteriesplus.com/

I needed to replace the battery in my old backup Apelco handheld VHF, I took it in,they took a look at it and said they couldn't do it because the battery pack was sealed and not screwed together - oh well.

But whilst there we got to talking rechargable batteries for drills. Over the ears my batteries have died, repalcement batteries have been so expensive that I have usually purchased a new "combo" drill with 2 new batteries.

Anyway, I went back with 2 Porter Cable 14.4 batteries that would not hold a charge, after a while they called me back - one had come back to life (97%) on their machine, the other was shot and they rebuilt it for about $40 with a better quality of internal cell (forget the details).

I was impressed, so I went back a few days later, this time with 2 similarly dead Ryobi 14.4 cells. A phone call later that week revealed that both were dead and needed to be rebuilt, at about $35 each - OK I said. I collected them the following weekedn and came to use them a few days ago. On recharge in the standard Ryobi charger one of them started spewing acrid smoke and "foam". Needless to say I unplugged it, carried it inot an open air and left it to stop what it was doing. I contacted batteries plus and then went in today after work - Without any fuss, without any receipt or anything they replaced it with a brand new Ryobi unit.

I am impressed.

He also carries all manner of batteries including deep discharge and dual purpose group 27 batteries like I have in my boat ( like $68 each ?). So I will probably go there when I need to change my boat batteries - he has done OK by me.

Mark

My experience was with the store in Marlborough, MA your store may vary, I can only share what I know.