INTERDECK paint by Interlux

Talk about favorite or hated suppliers, recommend good materials or sources, or anything of the same ilk. This is also a good place to suggest unique ideas and innovations you may have come up with.
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

INTERDECK paint by Interlux

Post by Tim »

Interlux Interdeck Nonskid Paint

Has anyone used this product? It's newly introduced since I painted my decks 3 years ago, and looks interesting to me. It's a polyurethane paint designed for decks, with a low sheen and aggregate already mixed in.

I'm repainting my nonskid this winter, and not only do I like the cream and beige colors slightly better than my Brightsides bristol beige, I would also love to have an all-in-one product if it provides similar results.

If you've used Interdeck, or have any direct experience with it, please chime in!

Thanks!
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
dg

interdeck

Post by dg »

I just painted the deck of my Nordic Folkboat with Interdeck and thought it was very good. It comes out of the can very thick but when thinned goes on very easily. The aggregate is tiny but the resulting surface is like 220 grit sandpaper. I used the white which contrasts nicely with the copious varnish work of my boat. It does show the dirt more however but nothing a quick scrub can't take care of.

I was impressed with this product and recommend it heartily.

dg