Kudos to Defender Marine

Talk about favorite or hated suppliers, recommend good materials or sources, or anything of the same ilk. This is also a good place to suggest unique ideas and innovations you may have come up with.
Peter
Boat Obsession Medal Finalist
Boat Name: Pagan
Boat Type: Albin Ballad 30

Kudos to Defender Marine

Post by Peter »

A tip of the hat to the folks at Defender Marine. They bent over backwards to reduce the shipping costs of a very small order to Canada for me.
It's nice to deal with such service-oriented people!
Peter
==================
Victoria BC Canada
Albin Ballad 30

http://www.mostlyaboutboats.ca
Jason K
Boat Obsession Medal Finalist
Boat Name: Rambunctious
Boat Type: J/30

Post by Jason K »

They were also very helpful when I was having a hard time getting UPS to deliver to me. I've never had a bad experience with Defender.
- Jason King (formerly #218)
J/30 Rambunctious
http://www.rambunctiousracing.com
CharlieJ
Wood Whisperer

Post by CharlieJ »

I've been doing business with Defender since the late 70s. Great folks.

It's now being run by the second generation of the Lance famiily.

I've emailed this link to Steven Lance, who runs the place. I'm sure he'll enjoy seeing it.
bcooke
Master of the Arcane
Boat Name: Jenny
Boat Type: 1966 Pearson Triton

Post by bcooke »

I have only really started using them this year as I get away from structural stuff and into more fitting out stuff. They have some amazing delivery times- often a day and a half after I place an internet order.

-Britton
-Britton
Work is overrated.

Most everything you read on the Internet is wrong.

The Website
The Blog
Ryan
Skilled Systems Installer

Post by Ryan »

I have also had great service from them. A second day air shipment of Hayn turnbuckles was lost by UPS, and after a call to Defender, they had Hayn drop ship new turnbuckles to me direct, next day, even though the issue wasn't Defender's, it was UPS. A very similar situation in which UPS (I have VERY bad luck with UPS) lost 5 gallons of epoxy and Defender fixed me up. This type of service, at least in my personal experience, is almost unheard of today. It is because of this that I will buy from them as often as possible, regardless if I can find items a bit cheaper elsewhere (which is pretty hard to do!).
Al
Rough Carpentry Apprentice

Post by Al »

I bought about $2K worth of electronics from them and a month or two later the stuff was on sale. I wrote to customer service and they told me when the best sales were and issued me a store credit for the difference between what I paid and the sale price.
Al Lorman