pyacht, anyone?

Talk about favorite or hated suppliers, recommend good materials or sources, or anything of the same ilk. This is also a good place to suggest unique ideas and innovations you may have come up with.
Tony G
Deck Grunge Scrubber

pyacht, anyone?

Post by Tony G »

In the last few days I have been shopping around with my list of supplies for not necesarily best DEAL but more so the BEST deal on paint, Awlgrip, namely. The prices sure do vary don't they! The last hit I got was at pyacht. The price savings were substantial enough to pay for alot of 'incidentals' on the list.
My question here is has anyone dealt with this company before and if so what was your experience/opinion? Most of the suppliers I talked with would have to order some or all of the items I needed so there is the inherent chance for a mistake already. Should I pay a few bucks more to work with someone I'm familiar with or give the 'new guy' a try? I know, I know, pyacht has been around for a while but I've never utilized them before.
Any input is appreciated, Tony G
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Post by Tim »

Pyacht has by far the best retail prices for Awlgrip that I have seen online, or elsewhere. It's as close to wholesale as you're likely to find, unless you have a source of that nature.

I have ordered from Pyacht in the past and was very pleased with their service. That was a couple years ago, but I know others here on this forum have recently dealt with them as well. I bought a radar from them that was delivered in two days by regular shipping, and their customer service was pleasant.

In my opinion, I wqould feel very good about ordering from Pyacht.
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
heartofgold
Skilled Systems Installer

Awlgrip atPyacht

Post by heartofgold »

Tim is right: pyacht may have the best Awlgrip prices on the internet. I ordered my Awlgrip supplies (everything!) from them just a few months ago. I found them friendly and professional. They shipped within 48 hours of taking my order, and shipping for 4 qts of primer and topcoat, 4 qts of converters, 2 qts of reducer, and 6 qts of Awlprep and Awlprep plus was only $12.00. I received my shipment 6 business days after placing the order.

I did have a problem with the order; I received Vestal White (G4044) instead of Snow White (G4004). Those numbers are from memory and may not be acurate, but it was obvious to me that it was a typo on someone's part. When I called to correct the order, and the Snow White was shipped immediately, no questions asked, and they (eventually) sent a call tag to ship back the Vestal White. Throughout the entire process, they were extremely professional and helpful. Mistakes happen. How an organization deals with errors is, in my mind, a true representation of their customer service and dependability. I was very impressed with how swiftly and easily they dealt with the situatiuon.
Doug
http://heartofgoldsails.com
"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea."
Karen Blixen