Anchor rode stowage

Talk about favorite or hated suppliers, recommend good materials or sources, or anything of the same ilk. This is also a good place to suggest unique ideas and innovations you may have come up with.
Figment
Damned Because It's All Connected
Boat Name: Triton
Boat Type: Grand Banks 42

Anchor rode stowage

Post by Figment »

Perhaps I'm just easily impressed, but I think this is brilliant!

Spinning the reel just seems like it would be SO much more fun (not to mention easier) than yanking the rode down through the pipe one armlength at a time.
earlylight
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal
Boat Name: Early Light
Boat Type: 1982 Sabre 34 MK I

Re: Anchor rode stowage

Post by earlylight »

If only my Lofrans electric windlass just had a PTO I could drive the reel as the windlass hauled in the rode. :-)
Dick Coerse
Early Light
Sabre 34 MK1
Solomons MD

http://earlylight160.net76.net
Hirilondë
Master of the Arcane
Boat Name: Hirilondë
Boat Type: 1967 Pearson Renegade

Post by Hirilondë »

That is an interesting idea.
Figment wrote: Spinning the reel just seems like it would be SO much more fun (not to mention easier) than yanking the rode down through the pipe one armlength at a time.
Hmmm, I just feed mine through after I have hauled the anchor and all onto the deck. Do you really have to pull it down from below?
Dave Finnegan
builder of Spindrift 9N #521 'Wingë'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gresham’s Law of information: Bad information drives out good. No matter how long ago a correction for a particular error may have appeared in print or online, it never seems to catch up with the ever-widening distribution of the error.
Case
Skilled Systems Installer

Post by Case »

I recognize that picture.

I think it was a Block Island 40. Was you window shopping, Figment?

(confession: did window shop Block Island 40s recently. That plus Mercer 44s.)

- Case
Figment
Damned Because It's All Connected
Boat Name: Triton
Boat Type: Grand Banks 42

Post by Figment »

Hirilondë wrote:That is an interesting idea.
Figment wrote: Spinning the reel just seems like it would be SO much more fun (not to mention easier) than yanking the rode down through the pipe one armlength at a time.
Hmmm, I just feed mine through after I have hauled the anchor and all onto the deck. Do you really have to pull it down from below?
I don't have to, but it's much faster.
Really only an issue when I take the boy fishing and we anchor in 50'+, the usual lunch or overnight anchoring is only in 10-15' of water.

Yes, I was daydreaming through Yachtworld when the phones were silent. Until 4:30 when they ring off the hook, of course.