Anybody have experience with Reedville Propeller Company?

Talk about favorite or hated suppliers, recommend good materials or sources, or anything of the same ilk. This is also a good place to suggest unique ideas and innovations you may have come up with.
ILikeRust
Skilled Systems Installer
Boat Name: Grizabella
Boat Type: Pearson Wanderer 30

Anybody have experience with Reedville Propeller Company?

Post by ILikeRust »

Based on what I learned yesterday (getting a constant education - I love it. Gotta learn at least one new thing every day, and around here, I learn several new things every day! ), I need to get a new prop shaft coupler and get it fitted and faced.

So I did a little Googling and found Reedville Propeller Company in Reedville, VA, which claims to be able to do that kind of work.

Does anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks.
Bill T.
Richmond, VA

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible." - T E Lawrence
Paulus
Boat Name: Guillemot
Boat Type: Mariner Ketch

Re: Anybody have experience with Reedville Propeller Company?

Post by Paulus »

I recall Main Sail recommended Walter's Machine and Buck Algonquin...
Maine Sail

Re: Anybody have experience with Reedville Propeller Company?

Post by Maine Sail »

Paulus wrote:I recall Main Sail recommended Walter's Machine and Buck Algonquin...
Buck Algonquin and Walter Machine Co. are just two manufacturers of flanges. Rust needs a good shafting shop to do a fit & face. Don't know much about the one he mentioned.

http://waltergear.com/

http://www.buckalgonquin.com/pages/Prod ... _page.html

I will post what I responded to Rust with on SN with for those in New Englnad:

I can highly recommend Ron Peck at New England Propeller in MA. He is very, very good and very reasonable. He is currently at the NE Boat Show in Boston but will likely return your call anyway. You can also call and ask for David too he's the shafting guy..

The shaft you get will be trued to within .001" - .003", most shops never even look at new shaft straightness, and he will ship to you if you can provide your measurements. His fitting and facing and shaft truing is excellent.

He uses only top quality shafting, AQ22, from Western Branch metals and does it right.

If you actually need prop work there is only one shop I recommend and that is Accutech Marine in NH. NE Prop also does good work but Larry & crew are AMAZING. They do props to 62" shipped in from all over the world and they use both the Prop Scan and Hale MRI machines and provide you will full before and after reports.

I have a friend who had severe vibration issues for multiple years even after multiple propeller tunes. He finally tried Accutech and his boat is now smooth as glass. Larry & crew are also delving into and have made a commitment to do marine shafting too so this could be a great one stop shop.. All prop & shafting shops are NOT the same quality...

The Accutech guys are FANATICS and can solve just about ANY vibration issue.
-Maine Sail

Canadian Sailcraft 36T
Casco Bay, ME
http://www.marinehowto.com