Line and cordage supplier

Talk about favorite or hated suppliers, recommend good materials or sources, or anything of the same ilk. This is also a good place to suggest unique ideas and innovations you may have come up with.
George ( C&C 40 )
Skilled Systems Installer

Line and cordage supplier

Post by George ( C&C 40 ) »

Hi All,

I'm replacing some of the line on my boat for the upcoming season and was wondering if anybody has purchased line from Cajun Trading Company. Their main business appears to be selling complete line packages for new boats and replacement line packages for older boats to yacht dealers. They do sell rope and cordage online to the general public though. Their published specifications appear about the same as N.E. Ropes but their prices are a bit less than half. I'm finding that very attractive as I have hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of line to replace. Their website is here...

http://www.cajuntrading.ca/index.htm

Has anybody worked with these guys before or used their products. I've only found one guy at my club who has ever ordered line from them -- he says it's working fine but it's only one halyard.

Any input or experiences would be great.

George
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Post by Tim »

I'm afraid I don't know anything about Cajun Trading and their lines, but my feeling is that if they stand behind their product with good customer service and appropriate warranties on the stock, hardware, and splices, you probably can't go wrong.

Now that you've pointed this source out, I may well consider going there when I need some line, having not found any particular reason not to after visiting their website. Buying NE ropes, for me anyway, has always been a matter of convenience (and retailer saturation) over any truly compelling love of the product.

Let us know how you make out!
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
George ( C&C 40 )
Skilled Systems Installer

Post by George ( C&C 40 ) »

Hi Tim,

I'll keep you posted.

I have to admit that I had a small affinity for their website right off the bat as the sailboat photo on their opening page is the boat that replaced our C&C 40's -- the new "C&C 121 Express". I'm not sure if you've ever seen one, but that is one hot boat -- PHRF of 36 and a thing of beauty both above and below decks.

See you soon,

George