Annapolis Boat Show

Anything goes, as long as it falls under the general forum protocol and rules.
George ( C&C 40 )

Annapolis Boat Show

Post by George ( C&C 40 ) »

Hi All,

I am planning to head up to the Annapolis Boat show next Thursday. I'm going to try and do it all in one day from down here in Williamsburg, VA. Any "Absolute Musts" to see or do at the boat show this year?

George Jones
C&C 40 "Delphinus"
Figment
Damned Because It's All Connected
Boat Name: Triton
Boat Type: Grand Banks 42

Post by Figment »

(thinking for a minute about the displays from Newport that I know were planning to attend Annapolis)

Eh, not really. There aren't any earthshattering new designs or developments on display this year. Everyone seems to be resting on laurels and riding coattails (insert other cliches as desired), waiting for the economy to pick up again before they launch anything new and exciting.

You're a racing guy, so you'll probably get a kick out of the J100.
Alden had a very nice handful of boats at Newport, and I was given the impression that they would all be at Annapolis as well.
Up in the tents, Garhauer had an impressive display.
Oceanair blinds and hatch shades are always a hit with the ladies, as are the Dubarry shoes.....
George ( C&C 40 )

Post by George ( C&C 40 ) »

Thanks Figment,

I appreciate the info. I'm also going to check out the "C&C 121 Express" and the new Shannon centerboard cruiser. I've been looking at maps of the show and it looks "HUGE". Hopefully I'll be able to get in all the highlights in one day.

George Jones
"Delphinus"
Figment
Damned Because It's All Connected
Boat Name: Triton
Boat Type: Grand Banks 42

Post by Figment »

So how was it?