Pearson Electra Owner's association

Anything goes, as long as it falls under the general forum protocol and rules.
Crazer
Topside Painter
Boat Name: Clio
Boat Type: Rhodes Swiftsure 33

Pearson Electra Owner's association

Post by Crazer »

I am taking over the Pearson Electra owner's association as of today, and wanted to spread the word. I think the Electra is a bit underrated and wanted to help change that. Ken, who previously ran the association did a lot of good work for the class, but unfortunately no longer has the time to keep the site updated. I have started a Yahoo group for the association and would encourage anyone who has any interest in the Electra, whether they own/owned one or not, to join. In the coming days I will be trying to get in touch with the owners listed on the Electra website. Until then activity may be a little low :). I will also be designing a new website which will be similar to the existing one but will have a strong focus on restoration, repair and upkeep of these boats, much like the Pearson Triton site. I want to make it as interactive as possible, with a regularly updated registry, a database of improvements and modifications and hopefully a healthy set of restoration logs. I don't own an Electra myself (yet) but I love these little boats and I have a real interest in keeping them going, which qualifies me right?

The Yahoo group is at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pearsonelectra/

The current website is at: http://www.pieliminations.com/Jollytime/index.htm
As eccentric as my boat.

Rhodes Swiftsure 33
SV Clio
tpl
Deck Grunge Scrubber
Boat Name: doe
Boat Type: swan 36

Re: Pearson Electra Owner's association

Post by tpl »

great news, thanks

during late 70's we had fun with "flower" #331.
we fixed her up according to our lights, took her around Lakes Erie,
Huron (twice) and Michigan

now it seems she's down in Florida...wide roaming, that boat
nature loves to hide (heraclitus)
Carl-A259
Master Varnisher
Boat Name: Romper
Boat Type: Pearson Triton hull705

Post by Carl-A259 »

YAAA HOOOO !! This is great news !! The very best of luck, I'll sure join in with pictures and some text of what I've been doing with two of the Electras I own plus a third parts boat. 325, 236 and the derelict 288.
Crazer
Topside Painter
Boat Name: Clio
Boat Type: Rhodes Swiftsure 33

Post by Crazer »

Well that just made my day. I'm glad there's excitement about this and I can't wait to see what you guys have to share. Thanks for joining!
As eccentric as my boat.

Rhodes Swiftsure 33
SV Clio
Carl-A259
Master Varnisher
Boat Name: Romper
Boat Type: Pearson Triton hull705

Post by Carl-A259 »

I just acquired two Electras this week, should have them picked up by the first of next month. I might have just cornered the market on this model Pearson, That brings the total to five.. If I spend 3-5 thousand on each boat I may be able to sell them for $800- $900 when completed. Now that's real economic stimulation!!