It's good to be in the water.

Post pictures of your boat and sailing adventures here. Posting instructions within.
Tom Young
Skilled Systems Installer

It's good to be in the water.

Post by Tom Young »

I store on the public landing in Rockport Harbor. This year I painted the topsides (6 years since last time) as well as my usual stuff. My launch went without a hitch, tools and brushes are put away (far away!). It will be good to disappear into the Penobscot Bay today for a well earned escape. http://www.mainecoastguide.com/forum/in ... ile&id=194
Lloyd
Boat Name: Ella Marie
Boat Type: Bristol 27

Post by Lloyd »

She is pretty. Congratulations on a good launch also.

Fair sailing.
Lloyd
Bristol 27, #200
AJ
Almost a Finish Carpenter

Post by AJ »

Very nice, Tom! And a great angle to boot - I love that bows-on-view of your Challenger.

What type of paint is it that you used on the topsides?

AJ
Tom Young

Hi AJ, I used my secret recipe;

Post by Tom Young »

a 50 50 mix of Easypoxy gloss and semi gloss. The reason I tried it on the last coat (6 years ago) was because I wanted to dull the gloss just a bit. This seemed like an easy solution.

But I realize, how would I know if I don't have a sample of each to compare? Mute point though, I need 2 quarts to do the job.

My old hull is not as fair as many glass hulls to start with. And to compound that, I added a bit of unfairness when I removed the failed awlgrip a few years back.

Next time, I will do some serious fairing (that looks like alot of work though), but, I said that last time.
AJ
Almost a Finish Carpenter

Re: Hi AJ, I used my secret recipe;

Post by AJ »

Tom Young wrote:My old hull is not as fair as many glass hulls to start with. And to compound that, I added a bit of unfairness when I removed the failed awlgrip a few years back.
You could certainly fool me! The hull on Christmas looks silky smooth in that photo. Congrats again on a job well done.

AJ