Northeast Hbr

Post pictures of your boat and sailing adventures here. Posting instructions within.
John, CD28
Master Varnisher
Boat Name: Tiara
Boat Type: Cape Dory 36

Northeast Hbr

Post by John, CD28 »

I took this shot of my buddy's boat on a foggy Northeast Harbor morning a few years back. It's a Cape Dory 25D, sweet little boat.

Of course, my daughter's pet hefalump had to be in the shot - good call.

John
Sailing involves the courage to treasure adventure, and the wisdom to fear danger. Knowing where one ends, and the other begins, makes all the difference.
Skipper599
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal
Boat Name: "MACUSHLA"
Boat Type: Passage 24-30 Cutter

Re: Northeast Hbr

Post by Skipper599 »

Nice photo John. There's something about boats moored on a foggy/misty day that makes the scene so much more attractive - very "artsy". Why is that?
I am: Bob of Wight.

s/v 'Ros Na Cosquin'
a 'Passage - 24'

There are good ships, there are wood ships, and these ships sail the sea

But the best ship, is friendship and may this always be! ... ... ... A prayer from Ireland.
Skipper599

Post by Skipper599 »

. . . Pet hefalump??? - I'm still looking for it . . .

s/v 'Ros Na Cosquin'
a 'Passage - 24'

But the best ship, is friendship and may this always be! ... ... ... A prayer from Ireland.
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Post by Rachel »

Heffalump is perched on the end of the boom of the boat in the foreground - lower right corner of the photo.
Skipper599

Post by Skipper599 »

Rachel wrote:Heffalump is perched on the end of the boom of the boat in the foreground - lower right corner of the photo.
Not in the picture I have, it doesn't show the end of the boom so I guess my picture must be smaller than what others receive which makes me wonder what else I've been missing . . . probably a whole lot in more than just this picture which is kind of strange because I have a large 19" monitor screen.
So how does one expand (or reduce?) the image to include the boom end ???

s/v 'Ros Na Cosquin'
a 'Passage - 24'

Hirilondë
Master of the Arcane
Boat Name: Hirilondë
Boat Type: 1967 Pearson Renegade

Post by Hirilondë »

Skipper599 wrote:
Rachel wrote:Heffalump is perched on the end of the boom of the boat in the foreground - lower right corner of the photo.
Not in the picture I have, it doesn't show the end of the boom so I guess my picture must be smaller than what others receive which makes me wonder what else I've been missing . . . probably a whole lot in more than just this picture which is kind of strange because I have a large 19" monitor screen.
So how does one expand (or reduce?) the image to include the boom end ???
Me either. But if you right click on the image, then click "view image" you will get the original picture and the heffalump
Dave Finnegan
builder of Spindrift 9N #521 'Wingë'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gresham’s Law of information: Bad information drives out good. No matter how long ago a correction for a particular error may have appeared in print or online, it never seems to catch up with the ever-widening distribution of the error.
John, CD28
Master Varnisher

Post by John, CD28 »

Northstar wrote:...
Good call!
Good Dad!
Good picture!
Thanks All!

As I recall, those little hefalumps came with us everywhere. Of course they had to be well fed and penned up at night - Lord knows what sort of mischief a pair of hungry hefalumps could cause in the misty dark of night!
John

(Direct Links for the image impaired)
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x105 ... dyHelm.jpg
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x105 ... mPens2.jpg
Sailing involves the courage to treasure adventure, and the wisdom to fear danger. Knowing where one ends, and the other begins, makes all the difference.
John, CD28
Master Varnisher

Post by John, CD28 »

We had some great summers cruising the coast of Maine back then.
Honestly, how you could not smile when you faced a friendly hefalump every time you stepped up through the companionway?
That hefalump was a heck of a helmsman!

John

Image Link: http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x105 ... 0_1835.jpg