my bristol 27 is home

Post photos and descriptions of your ongoing projects here. No project is too big or too small.
ghostwriter247
Master Varnisher
Boat Name: The Celtic Cross
Boat Type: 67 bristol 27

my bristol 27 is home

Post by ghostwriter247 »

So my Bristol is now home. Photos can be seen here: http://crossedimages.smugmug.com/Other/ ... 1585_LxFyg

In the next day or so Ill play around with uploading the actual photos to the site.

Anyway about two months ago i found a bristol 27 outboard version with no outboard for a very good price but it was on the east coast and im in iowa. My buddy in DC happened to be retiring from the military so i made the dual purpose trip. Happily she was in way better condition than she should have for the price but it was a yard fees kind of thing so i lucked out. The decks and hulls are solid and the bilge was dry. so i bought her and now after hauling her home on a flatbed about a 2200 miles she is safe and happy here in iowa.

The water shows some water intrusion as it got the black drain marks when it was pulled out, but the hull shows nothing and after at least a week out she continues to show no blisters or draining, though i do have some barnacles to scrape off.

The running rigging is shot and i havent had a chance to get a good look at the sails yet. That should come next week. She is currently without interior cushions and the wiring looks to need a redo.

Ill Keep you updated im sure with questions.

Josh
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Re: my bristol 27 is home

Post by Rachel »

Congratulations! Nothing like getting your boat home with you :)
ghostwriter247
Master Varnisher
Boat Name: The Celtic Cross
Boat Type: 67 bristol 27

Re: my bristol 27 is home

Post by ghostwriter247 »

No there is not! I am very stoked about it and the marina has a very active sailing club.