Laminated tiller source

Ask a question...get an answer (or two).
Ryan
Skilled Systems Installer

Laminated tiller source

Post by Ryan »

Can anyone tell me a good place to get a laminated wooden tiller that keeps them in stock? Everywhere I have check has to special order them, and I need something quickly to get me by while I spend a little time prototyping and building a new design. Thanks!
bhartley
Boat Name: Ariel Pyxis
Boat Type: Sea Sprite 23 Cape Dory 25D

Dimensions

Post by bhartley »

Ryan,

I have an extra new one if it fits.

Bly
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Bly

Do you have any dimensions for the tiller? If it fits, I'd be happy to buy it from you. Thanks!

Ryan
FloatingMoneyPit
Topside Painter

Post by FloatingMoneyPit »

I know this isn't what you asked for--stocked prefabs--but I just have to recommend these guys if you can wait a few weeks. Call them first to make sure of an ETA. Mine did end up arriving a week later than they said. But for less than $100, I got a Canadian made, laminated tiller that's so nicely crafted I'm kind of hoping my existing oak tiller breaks so I can use the new one (I ordered it as a spare).
It might even be made for you by the time you finally track down a stock one.
http://shop.sailboatowners.com/detail-c ... &group=721
Tartan 27
Brooklyn, NY
Hirilondë
Master of the Arcane
Boat Name: Hirilondë
Boat Type: 1967 Pearson Renegade

Post by Hirilondë »

FloatingMoneyPit wrote:I'm kind of hoping my existing oak tiller breaks so I can use the new one (I ordered it as a spare).
There is no rule that I know of for keeping a used tiller as the spare and swapping out now. And you would know it fits which leads to peace of mind.
Dave Finnegan
builder of Spindrift 9N #521 'Wingë'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gresham’s Law of information: Bad information drives out good. No matter how long ago a correction for a particular error may have appeared in print or online, it never seems to catch up with the ever-widening distribution of the error.
Mike E
Bottom Paint Application Technician

Source for any size/shape of laminated tiller is.....

Post by Mike E »

H&L Marine Inc. 2965 E. Harcourt Rancho Dominguez, CA 90221 323-636-1718 323-636-1720

they will fax you a list of what they have with dimensions. I picked up two for less than the price of one from Defender or WM.

Michael
SV Se Langt
Michael
SV Se Langt
Westerly Berwick 31
FloatingMoneyPit
Topside Painter

Post by FloatingMoneyPit »

Hirilond? wrote:...swapping out now...
True, true, and I will probably do that once I get off my lazy bum and order another pin for the tillerpilot first.
Tartan 27
Brooklyn, NY