Attractive J-Box

Ask a question...get an answer (or two).
Marshall Wright
Rough Carpentry Apprentice
Boat Name: s/v Sunset
Boat Type: Pacific Seacraft 25T

Attractive J-Box

Post by Marshall Wright »

Greetings,

I've finished up my wiring project except an elegant way of terminating my mast wiring below the mast where it entered the boat. Installed the stanchion base I'd seen on this site. Very nice. But rather than install my termination strips for all to see on the partition above the head (there's no nearby closet to hide the connections in) I was wondering, does any one have any suggestions on a j-box like affaire that might be attractive? I've gone to homedepot and looked at the landscape shallow grey plastic boxes. Something better out there?

Marshall
Marshall Wright
Annapolis, MD
1977 Pacific Seacraft 25
Hirilondë
Master of the Arcane
Boat Name: Hirilondë
Boat Type: 1967 Pearson Renegade

Post by Hirilondë »

I don't know what a J box is, but if you don't like the commercially available boxes you can always make a wooden one to match the woodwork in the area. I take it you are just trying to camouflage/hide the exposed ends and connections?
Dave Finnegan
builder of Spindrift 9N #521 'Wingë'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gresham’s Law of information: Bad information drives out good. No matter how long ago a correction for a particular error may have appeared in print or online, it never seems to catch up with the ever-widening distribution of the error.
Ryan
Skilled Systems Installer

Post by Ryan »

I'd second Dave's option of building one from wood. It should be a simple project and look a lot better than any of the junction boxes I have seen. Not to mention, you can make it whatever shape/size/color/etc. you want.
Peter
Boat Obsession Medal Finalist
Boat Name: Pagan
Boat Type: Albin Ballad 30

Post by Peter »

"J-Box" = "Junction Box"
Peter
==================
Victoria BC Canada
Albin Ballad 30

http://www.mostlyaboutboats.ca